Classes are every Saturday and Sunday
Classes are every Tuesday and Wednesday
Fit and Well Worth It
An introductory fitness class designed for cancer survivors, the newly diagnosed, those in treatment, post treatment and or post surgery and their support group. As you know studies have found that overall, exercise has a positive effect on physical and psychological functioning of cancer patients. These benefits include the following:
· Increased functional capacity
· Decreased body fat & increased lean muscle mass
· Decrease nausea and fatigue
· Improved natural defense mechanism
· Increase in appetite
· Improved mood & self esteem
· Decrease insomnia
What to expect from the “Fit & Well Worth It” Class:
· An introduction to functional exercises
· Discussion of proper body mechanics during exercise
· Introduction to the benefits of stretching
· FREE fitness evaluation for all new participants
*Please wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. NO open toe shoes.
CALL WITHIN 24 HOURS OF CLASS TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. SPACE IS LIMITED
Statistics show that with continuous exercise and a proper nutritious diet, recurrence of disease is less likely to happen. With that said, we’ve created the next level of fitness for the “THRIVERS.” Individuals thriving past cancer, cardiac rehabilitation, physical therapy or just looking to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle as you get older.
• A monthly comprehensive physical redness evaluation to see where your fitness level is. This will give us information on how to start you in this effective, results orientated program. We will help you establish realistic goals for your health, wellness and fitness.
• Unlimited access to our facility 7 days a week so you can do the independent exercises your Trainer will design for you.
• Unlimited “Fit & Well Worth It” group classes every month
• Monthly personalized fitness programs to help reach your goals
• With your permission your doctor(s) will be notified that you are in this progam and updated monthly on your progress through this wonderful journey of health and wellness building
• Nutritional guidance and meal planning